Analysis According To Time And Forms Of Goals In The 2016 UEFA European Football Federation Championship
The aim of this study is to analyze the time, form and how the 108 goals scored and defeated according to the outbreak of 51 games played in the 2016 UEFA European Football Championship. The data of the study were obtained from Prozone brand performance and match analysis program. In the study, the team can not qualify of the group (n:8) and qualify of the group (n:16); the total number of goals scored, the time of goals, the formation of the goals, and the technique of the strokes used. The Independent Samples T-Test was applied to examine the difference between the groups in the SPSS 20.0 program (p<0.05). According to the average of goals per game meaningfulness was observed (p<0,001) there was a significant difference between the teams that qualified of the group (1.22±0.41) and those who did not (0.46±0.27). The time zones in the scored and conceded goals of the team qualified of the group and those who did not, significant differences were observed between groups at 0-15, 30-45, 45-60 min in scored goals (p<0.05), no significant difference was found other time periods. In the competition it was determined that most goals were between 75-90 min (1.50±1.26). While the significance of the goals scored from the left and the right sides among the groups was determined (p<0.05), it was not found goal from the middle (p<0.05).
Both in the penalty area and the penalty area outside goals, teams quaified of group were found to have more goals. According to results, in addition to increasing the tactical richness in the offensive area, the national teams and trainers must also prepare the team by analyzing the previous champions well so that the national teams can reach more goals in the championship.
2. Alberti, G., Iaia, F. M., Arcelli, E., Cavaggioni, L., & Rampinini, E. (2013). Goal scoring patterns in major European soccer leagues. Sport Sciences for Health, 9(3), 151-153.
3. Armatas, V., Yiannakos, A., & Sileloglou, P. (2007). Relationship between time and goal scoring in soccer games: Analysis of three World Cups. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 7(2), 48-58.
4. Bakır, İ. (2007). Technical analysis of 2006 word cup soccerchampionıtaly. VI.WordCongress on Scienceand Football. Book of Abstracts, January, 15-20.
5. Carling, C. (2010). Analysis of physical activity profiles when running with the ball in a professional soccer team. Journal of Sports Sciences, 28(3), 319-326.
6. Castellano, J., Casamichana, D., & Lago, C. (2012). The use of match statistics that discriminate between successful and unsuccessful soccer teams. Journal of human kinetics, 31, 137-147.
7. Çakıroğlu, M., Işık, O., Kızılet, A., & Şuta, C. (2002). “2002 FIFA Dünya kupasının teknik analizi”, 7. Uluslararası Spor Bilimleri Kongresi, s.224.
8. Çoban, O., Taşkın, AK., Marangoz, İ., & Akgül, F. (2016). Son dört yılın şampiyonlar ligi final maçlarının duran top ve gol analizi. The Journal of Academic Social Science, 4(36), 719-726.
9. Doğan, M., Doğan, A., & Alkan, A. (2017). 2001-2002 Futbol Sezonunda Türkiye 1. Süper Liginde Atılan Gollerin İncelenmesi/The Study Of Goals Scored In Turkısh Super League In 2001-2002 Football Season
10. Egesoy, H., Bizati, O., Şenkibar, B., & Tavlı, H. (2001). Avrupa Futbol Şampiyonası Çeyrek Final, Yarı Final ve Final Maçlarında Kaydedilen Gollerin Analizi. 2. Futbol ve Bilim Kongresi, 16-18 Ekim, p-28, İzmir.
11. Eniseler, N., & Egesoy, H. (1995). Analysis of Goals Scored by the Teams ın the Turkish Professional Soccer Leagues and Comparing them According to League Levels. Dept. Of Physical Education, Celal Bayar University, Turkey.
12. Erdil, G., Bozkurt, S., İşleğen, Ç., & Ölçücü, B. (2013). 2010 Futbol Dünya Kupasında İspanya Takımının Kollektif Performansının Maçların Kazanılmasında Etkisi. Spor ve Performans Araştırmaları Dergisi, 4(2).
13. Göral, K., & Saygın, Ö. (2011). 2012 Fıfa Futsal Dünya Kupasının Analizi. Cbü Beden Eğitimi Ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi, 6(1), 28-35.
14. Jones, P. D., James, N., & Mellalieu, S. D. (2004). Possession as a performance indicator in soccer. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 4(1), 98-102.
15. Hughes, M., & Franks, I. (2005). Analysis of passing sequences, shots and goals in soccer. Journal of sports sciences, 23(5), 509-514.
16. Hughes, M. D., & Bartlett, R. M. (2002). Performance analysis. Journal of sports sciences, 20(10), 735-737.
17. Işık, O. (1999). 1996 Avrupa Futbol Şampiyonası gol analizleri ve Türk milli takımının ikili mücadele-pas analizleri. Trakya Üniversitesi, Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü, Beden Eğitimi ve Spor Anabilim Dalı, Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Edirne.
18. Işık, O., Toksöz, I., & Çakıroğlu, M. (2001). Avrupa Futbol Şampiyonası Gollerin Analizleri. 2. Futbol ve Bilim Kongresi, 16-18 Ekim 2001, p-27, İzmir.
19. İmamoğlu, O., Çebi, M., & Kılcıgil, E. (2007). 2006 FIFA Dünya Futbol Kupasındaki Gollerin Teknik ve Taktik Kriterlere Göre Analizi. Spormetre, Beden Eğitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi, (5) 4: 157, 165.
20. İmamoğlu, O., Çebi, M., & Eliöz, M. (2011). Dünya Kupasındaki Gollerin Teknik Ve Taktik Kriterlere Göre Analizi. Türkiye Kickboks Federasyonu Spor Bilimleri Dergisi, 4, 1-17.
21. Jinshan, X., Xiaoke, C., Yamanaka, K., & Matsumoto, M. (1993). Analysis of the goals in the 14th World Cup. Science and football II, 203-205.
22. Michailidis, Y., Michailidis, C., & Primpa, E. (2013). Analysis of goals scored in European Championship 2012.
23. Mitrotasios, M., & Armatas, V. (2014). Analysis of goal scoring patterns in the 2012 European Football Championship. United States Sports Academy.
24. Njororai, W. W. S. (2013). Analysis of goals scored in the 2010 world cup soccer tournament held in South Africa. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 13(1), 6.
25. Shafizadeh, M., Taylor, M., & Peñas, C. L. (2013). Performance consistency of international soccer teams in Euro 2012: A time series analysis. Journal of human kinetics, 38, 213-226.
26. Sönmeyenmakas, A. (2008). UEFA şampiyonlar liginde atılan gollerin analizi.
27. Reilly, T. (2003). Science and soccer. Routledge.
28. Tenga, A., & Sigmundstad, E. (2011). Characteristics of goal-scoring possessions in open play: Comparing the top, in-between and bottom teams from professional soccer league. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 11(3), 545-552.
29. Ziyagil, M. A., & Çebi, M. (2000). 1998 Fransa futbol dünya kupasındaki gollerin lateralite, teknik ve taktik kriterlere göre analizi. Futbol Bilim ve Teknoloji Dergisi, 7, 18-23.
30. Wright, C., Atkins, S., Polman, R., Jones, B., & Sargeson, L. (2011). Factors associated with goals and goal scoring opportunities in professional soccer. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 11(3), 438-449.
Authors retain the copyright of their manuscripts, and all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.
The use of general descriptive names, trade names, trademarks, and so forth in this publication, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant laws and regulations. The submitting author is responsible for securing any permissions needed for the reuse of copyrighted materials included in the manuscript.
While the advice and information in this journal are believed to be true and accurate on the date of its going to press, neither the authors, the editors, nor the publisher can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may be made. The publisher makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the material contained herein.