Main Article Content
General dispersion equation has been obtained for three-dimensional electromagnetic planetary waves, from which follows, as particular case Khantadze results in one-dimension case. It was shown that partial magnetic field line freezing-in as in one-dimension case lead to the excitation of both “fast” and “slow” planetary waves, in two-liquid approximation (i.e. at ion drag by neutral particles) they are represent oscillations of magnetized electrons and partially magnetized ions in E region of the ionosphere. In F region of the ionosphere using one-liquid approximation only “fast” planetary wave will be generated representing oscillation of medium as a whole. Hence, it was shown that three-dimension magnetogradient planetary waves are exist in all components of the ionosphere, and as exact solutions, with well-known slow short-wave MHD waves, are simple mathematical consequence of the MHD equations for the ionosphere.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
2. Khantadze, A.G. 1967. About definition of movement versus pressure and latitudinal effect of the geomagnetic field, Proceedings of the Geophysics Institute Georgian Academy of Sciences, 24-29 (in Russian).
3. Khantadze, A.G. 1986. Hydromagnetic gradient waves in the dynamo-region of the ionosphere, Bulletin of the
Georgian Academy of Sciences, vol. 123, # 1, 69-71, (in Russian).
4. Kobaladze Z.L., and Khantadze A.G. 1989. Propagation of large-scale perturbations in the ionosphere, Bulletin of the
Georgian Academy of Sciences, vol. 134, 97-100 (in Russian).
5. Khantadze A.G. 1999. On the electromagnetic planetary waves in the Earth’s ionosphere, J. Georgian Geophys. Soc.
vol. 4B, 125-127 (in Russian).
6. Khantadze A.G. 2001. About new branch of the self-oscillation of the conducting atmosphere. Doklady Earth Science,
vol. 376, # 2, 250-252.
7. Khantadze A.G. 2005. Electromagnetic planetary waves in the Earth atmosphere, Geomagnetizm and Aeronomy,
vol. 42, # 3, 333-335.
8. Burmaka V.P., Kostrov L.S., and Chernogor L.F. 2003. Statistics of signals of HF Doppler radar probing the bottomside
ionosphere distributed by rocket launches and solar terminator, Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, vol. 8, # 2 143-
162, (in Russian).
9. Chernogor L.F. 2003. Earth science, atmosphere and geocosmos in the paradigm system point of view,” Radio Physics
and Radio Astronomy, vol. 8, # 1, 59-106 (in Russian).
10. Khantadze A.G., Aburjania G.D., and Lominadze J.G. 2006. New branches of self-ULF electromagnetic oscillations of
the ionospheric resonator,” Doklady Earth Science, vol. 406, # 2, 244-248.
11. Aburjania G.D., Chargazia K.E., Jandieri G.V., Khantadze A.G., and Kharshiladze O.A. 2004. On the new modes of
planetary electromagnetic waves in the ionosphere,” Annales Geophysicae, vol. 22, 1-9.
12. Aburjania G.D., Jandieri G.V., and Khantadze A.G. 2003. Self-organization of planetary-scale electromagnetic waves
in the ionosphere, J. Atmos. Terr. Phys. vol. 65, 661-671.
13. Aburjania G.D., Chargazia K.E., Jandieri G.V., Khantadze A.G., and Lominadze J.G. 2005. Generation and
propagation of the ULF planetary-scale electromagnetic wavy structures in the ionosphere,” Planet. Space Sci. vol. 53,
14. Aburjania G.D., and Khantadze A.G. 2006. Mechanism of the planetary Rossby wave energy amplification and transformation in the ionosphere with an inhomogeneous zonal smooth shear wind, J. Geophys. Res. vol. 111, 1-17, AO11567, 2006.
15. Sharadze Z.S. Atmospheric waves in the middle-latitude ionosphere. Doctor Dissertation Moscow, 255 p., 1991.
16. Fagundes P.R., Pillat V.G., Bolzan M. J. A., et al. 2005. Observations of F layer electron density profiles modulated by
planetary wave type oscillations in the equatorial ionospheric anomaly region,” J. Geophys.Res. vol. 110, pp. 1302.
17. Pedlosky J. Geophysicae Fluid Dynamics, Springer, Berlin, 1987.
18. Gill A., Atmosphere-Ocean Dynamics, Academic Press, New York, 1986.
19. Landau L.D., Lifshits E.M. Hydrodynamics. Nauka, Moscow, 1988 (Translated in English)
20. Khantadze A.G. Some Problems of the Dynamic of Conducted Atmosphere. Tbilisi, Mecniereba, 1973.
21. Khantadze A.G., Aburjania G.D., and Gvelesiani A.I. 2003. Physics of new branches of the planetary electromagnetic waves in the ionosphere, Geomagnetizm and Aeronomy. vol 43, 193-198.