Issues on Design of Piled Raft Foundation
A piled raft foundation consists of a thick concrete slab reinforced with steel which covers the entire contact area of the structure, in which the raft is supported by a group of piles or a number of individual piles. Bending moment on raft, differential and average settlement, pile and raft geometries are the influencing parameters of the piled raft foundation system. In this paper, a detailed review has been carried out on the issues on the raft foundation design. Also, the existing design procedure was explained.
2. Gu, L., Ye, G., Bao, X., & Zhang, F. (2016). Mechanical behaviour of piled-raft foundations subjected to high-speed train loading. Soils and Foundations, 56(6), 1035â€“1054. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sandf.2016.11.008
3. Horikoshi, K., & Randolph, M. F. (1998). A contribution to optimum design of piled rafts. GÃ©otechnique, 48(3), 301â€“317. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.1922.214.171.1241
4. Nguyen, D. D. C., Kim, D. S., & Jo, S. B. (2014). Parametric study for optimal design of large piled raft foundations on sand. Computers and Geotechnics, 55, 14â€“26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2013.07.014
5. Poulos, H. G. (1994). An approximate numerical analysis of pile???raft interaction. International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 18(2), 73â€“92. https://doi.org/10.1002/nag.1610180202
6. Poulos, H. G. (2001). Piled raft foundations: design and applications. GÃ©otechnique, 51(2), 95â€“113. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.126.96.36.199292
7. Poulos, H. G., Small, J. C., & Chow, H. (2011). Piled Raft Foundations for Tall Buildings, 42(June), 78â€“84.
8. Prakoso, W. A., & Fred H Kulhawy. (2001). Contribution to Piled Raft Foundation Design. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 127(January), 17â€“24.
Authors retain the copyright of their manuscripts, and all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.