Development of An Examination Authentication Embedded System Based on Fingerprint Approach
Security is crucial all around. Access into institutions, examination centers, organizations or even estates ought to be controlled and closely monitored through a verification system. The method of authenticating a student for an examination has an obvious problem such as presentation of fake clearance card, impersonation and so on and the unethical manner associated with the examination is a grim issue that requires the stakeholders in academic area to seek for alternative means of authenticating student for examination, because the manual paper-based clearance process is fundamentally flawed. Sequel to that, a dependable and effective system is designed to tackle the issues of the convectional technique. The system will verify the understudy using fingerprint biometrics technique and generate a report which can serve as an attendance.
2) Ezema L.S, C.-U. J. (2015). FINGERPRINT BASED ATTENDANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. International Journal of Science& Engineering Research, 1623.
3) Neeraj Kamboj1, V. R. (2015). Design & Implementation of Fingerprint Biometrics based on Discretized Fingerprint Texture Descriptor. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 3(6), 5466-5468.
4) Olaniyi, O. A. (2012). Lecture Attendance System Using Rado Frequency Identification and Facial Recognition. Computing, information System & Development informatics Journal, 3(2), 36-40.
5) Tiwari, T. (2015). Biometrics based user authentication. American Journal of Engineering Research, 4(10), 148-159.
6) Kokumo. (2010). Lecture Attendance System Using Biometric Fingerprint. B.Tech Dissertation, Bells University of Technology, Department of Computer Science and Tecnology, Ota, Nigeria.
7) Jain, A. K. (2008, 6 4). Biometric authentication. Scholarpedia, 3(6), 3716. doi:10.4249/scholarpedia.3716.
8) Paul, R., Alane, K. and Ari, S. (2004). Biometric Technologies: Security, Legal and Policy Implications. USA: Center for Democracy and Technology and the Heritage Foundation. Rufai, M. M., Adigun, J. O. and Yekini, N. A. (2012). A Biometric Model for Examination Screening and Attendance Monitoring in Yaba College of Technology. World of Computer Science and Information Technology Journal (WCSIT). ISSN: 2221-0741, 2(4), pp. 120-124.
9) Hambali, M. A & Jimoh R. G (2015). Performance Evaluation of Principal Component Analysis and Independent Component Analysis Algorithms for Facial Recognition. Journal of Advances in ScientificResearch & Its Application (JASRA), 2, pp. 47 â€“ 62.
10) Maltoni, D., K. Jain, A. and Prabhakar, S., (2009). Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition. Second edn. London. Springer.
11) Mohammed Alhothaily, M. A.-K. (2015). Fingerprint Attendance System for Educational
Institutes. Journal of Science & Technology, 20(1), 34-44. doi:10.20428.
12) Mohd. (2009, 06 6). Class attendance system using active RFID. A Review.FKEE Compilation of papers.
Copyright (c) 2018 INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTERS & TECHNOLOGY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright of their manuscripts, and all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.
The use of general descriptive names, trade names, trademarks, and so forth in this publication, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant laws and regulations. The submitting author is responsible for securing any permissions needed for the reuse of copyrighted materials included in the manuscript.
While the advice and information in this journal are believed to be true and accurate on the date of its going to press, neither the authors, the editors, nor the publisher can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may be made. The publisher makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the material contained herein.