Development of An Examination Authentication Embedded System Based on Fingerprint Approach
Security is crucial all around. Access into institutions, examination centers, organizations or even estates ought to be controlled and closely monitored through a verification system. The method of authenticating a student for an examination has an obvious problem such as presentation of fake clearance card, impersonation and so on and the unethical manner associated with the examination is a grim issue that requires the stakeholders in academic area to seek for alternative means of authenticating student for examination, because the manual paper-based clearance process is fundamentally flawed. Sequel to that, a dependable and effective system is designed to tackle the issues of the convectional technique. The system will verify the understudy using fingerprint biometrics technique and generate a report which can serve as an attendance.
2) Ezema L.S, C.-U. J. (2015). FINGERPRINT BASED ATTENDANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. International Journal of Science& Engineering Research, 1623.
3) Neeraj Kamboj1, V. R. (2015). Design & Implementation of Fingerprint Biometrics based on Discretized Fingerprint Texture Descriptor. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 3(6), 5466-5468.
4) Olaniyi, O. A. (2012). Lecture Attendance System Using Rado Frequency Identification and Facial Recognition. Computing, information System & Development informatics Journal, 3(2), 36-40.
5) Tiwari, T. (2015). Biometrics based user authentication. American Journal of Engineering Research, 4(10), 148-159.
6) Kokumo. (2010). Lecture Attendance System Using Biometric Fingerprint. B.Tech Dissertation, Bells University of Technology, Department of Computer Science and Tecnology, Ota, Nigeria.
7) Jain, A. K. (2008, 6 4). Biometric authentication. Scholarpedia, 3(6), 3716. doi:10.4249/scholarpedia.3716.
8) Paul, R., Alane, K. and Ari, S. (2004). Biometric Technologies: Security, Legal and Policy Implications. USA: Center for Democracy and Technology and the Heritage Foundation. Rufai, M. M., Adigun, J. O. and Yekini, N. A. (2012). A Biometric Model for Examination Screening and Attendance Monitoring in Yaba College of Technology. World of Computer Science and Information Technology Journal (WCSIT). ISSN: 2221-0741, 2(4), pp. 120-124.
9) Hambali, M. A & Jimoh R. G (2015). Performance Evaluation of Principal Component Analysis and Independent Component Analysis Algorithms for Facial Recognition. Journal of Advances in ScientificResearch & Its Application (JASRA), 2, pp. 47 â€“ 62.
10) Maltoni, D., K. Jain, A. and Prabhakar, S., (2009). Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition. Second edn. London. Springer.
11) Mohammed Alhothaily, M. A.-K. (2015). Fingerprint Attendance System for Educational
Institutes. Journal of Science & Technology, 20(1), 34-44. doi:10.20428.
12) Mohd. (2009, 06 6). Class attendance system using active RFID. A Review.FKEE Compilation of papers.
Copyright (c) 2018 INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTERS & TECHNOLOGY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright of their manuscripts, and all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.