Real Time Shipment Tracking System Using RFID
This paper presents a viable system for online shipment tracking using RFID technology. It aims to find the location where exactly it is at an instance of time, from the time of shipment to the time of delivery. The system has a developed web-based database-driven application that facilities its management and provides useful information about the shipment. A complete prototype of the proposed system was implemented and tested to validate the system functionality. The results show that the system is promising for on line shipment tracking.
2. Statista. (2014). United States: number of digital shoppers 2010-2018. Retrieved May 10, 2017, from http://www.statista.com/statistics/183755/number-of-us-internet-shoppers.
3. Bonsor, K.; and Fenlon, W. (2015). How RFID Works. Retrieved June 10, 2017, from http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/high-tech-gadgets/rfid.htm.
4. Delen, D.; Sharda R.; and Hardgrave, B. (2011). The promise of RFID-based sensors in the perishables supply chain. Wireless Communication, IEEE, 18(2), 82-88.
5. Al-Lawati, A.; Al-Jahdhami S.; Al-Belushi A.; Al-Adawi D.; Awadalla, M.; and Al-Abri, D. (2015). RFID-based System for School Children Transportation Safety Enhancement. Eighth IEEE GCC Conference and Exhibition, Muscat, Oman, 7-12.
6. Vidyasagar, K.; Balaji, G.; and Narendra, K. (2015). RFID-GSM imparted School children Security System. Communications on Applied Electronics (CAE) â€“ ISSN: 2394-4714, 2(2), 17-21.
7. Malliga, R.; and Narmatha, T. (2016). RFID-based System for School Children Transportation Safety Enhancement. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 6(4), 2409-2415.
8. Yuan-Tsung, C.; and Timothy, K. (2017). RFID-Based intelligent parking management system with indoor positioning and dynamic tracking. 10th International Conference on Ubi-media computing and Workshops (Ubi-Media), 2017, Pattaya, Thailand, 1-8.
9. Al Kalbani J.; Bait Suwailam R.; Al Yafai A.; Al Abri D.; and Awadalla, M. (2015). Bus Detection System for Blind People using RFID. Proceedings of the 8th IEEE GCC Conference and Exhibition, Muscat, Oman, 1-6.
10. Regulatory status for using RFID in the EPC Gen 2 band (860 to 960 MHz) of the UHF spectrum. Retrieved June 13, 2017 from http://www.gs1.org/docs/epc/UHF_Regulations.pdf.
11. Barcodes Inc. (2015). QR Code Barcode Scanner - The Barcode Experts. Low Prices, Always. Retrieved May 20, 2017 from https://www.barcodesinc.com/cats/barcode-scanners/qr.htm.
12. Anusha, R.R.; and China, A.N. (2016). GPS and GSM Based School Children Tracking System. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering and Technology, 5(6), 1704-1707.
13. Walmart, A. (2015). Garmin nuvi 52LM 5.0 GPS Bundle. Retrieved March 23, 2017, from http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-nuvi-52LM-5.0-GPS-Bundle/39447962.
14. GPS.gov, (2014). GPS Accuracy. Retrieved May 20, 2017 from http://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/.
15. Brunnelli, M. (2015). Introduction to the Analytic Hierarchy Process. Springer.
16. Databases terminology and technology ICT (2010). Retrieved May 20, 2017 from http://www.teach-ct.com/gcse_new/databases/terminology/miniweb/pg3.htm.
17. Touch J., (1995). Report on MD5 Performance, RFC 1810.
Copyright (c) 2018 INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTERS & TECHNOLOGY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright of their manuscripts, and all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.
The use of general descriptive names, trade names, trademarks, and so forth in this publication, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant laws and regulations. The submitting author is responsible for securing any permissions needed for the reuse of copyrighted materials included in the manuscript.
While the advice and information in this journal are believed to be true and accurate on the date of its going to press, neither the authors, the editors, nor the publisher can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may be made. The publisher makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the material contained herein.