Modified Ant Colony Optimization for Workflow Scheduling in Cloud Enviornment
Cloud computing is a type of parallel and distributed system consisting of a collection of interconnected and virtual computers. This technological trend has enabled the realization of a new computing model called cloud computing, in which shared resources, information,software & other devices are provided according to client requirement at specific time, are provided as general utilities that can be leased and released by users through the Internet in an on-demand fashion.Cloud workflow scheduling is an NP-hard optimization problem, and many meta-heuristic algorithms have been proposed to solve it.Allocation of resources to a large number of workflows in a cloud computing environment presents more difficulty than in network computational environments.A good task scheduler should adapt its scheduling strategy to the changing environment and the types of tasks. In this work, modified ant colony optimization for cloud task scheduling is proposed. The goal of modification is to enhance the performance of the basic ant colony optimization algorithm and optimize the task execution time in view of minimizing the makespan of a given tasks set.
2. Li, Wubin, Johan Tordsson, and Erik Elmroth. "Modeling for dynamic cloud scheduling via migration of virtual machines." In Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), 2011 IEEE Third International Conference on, pp. 163-171. IEEE, 2011.
3. Daniel, David, and S. P. Lovesum. "A novel approach for scheduling service request in cloud with trust monitor." In Signal Processing, Communication, Computing and Networking Technologies (ICSCCN), 2011 International Conference on, pp. 509-513. IEEE, 2011.
4. Garg, Saurabh Kumar, Chee Shin Yeo, ArunAnandasivam, and RajkumarBuyya. "Environment-conscious scheduling of HPC applications on distributed cloud-oriented data centers." Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 71, no. 6 (2011): 732-749.
5. Ahn, Jeongseob, Changdae Kim, Jaeung Han, Young-Ri Choi, and Jaehyuk Huh. "Dynamic virtual machine scheduling in clouds for architectural shared resources." In Proceedings of the USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud). 2012.
6. Shrivastava, Vivek, and D. S. Bhilare. "Algorithms to Improve Resource Utilization and Request Acceptance Rate in IaaS Cloud Scheduling."International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications 3, no. 05 (2012): 1367- 1374.
7. Li, Wen-Juan, Qi-Fei Zhang, Ling-Di Ping, and Xue-Zeng Pan. "Cloud scheduling algorithm based on fuzzy clustering." Journal of China Institute of Communications 33, no. 3 (2012): 146-154.
8. Shi, Xuelin, and Ying Zhao. "Dynamic resource scheduling and workflow management in cloud computing." In Web Information Systems Engineeringâ€“WISE 2010 Workshops, pp. 440-448. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011.
9. Li, Jiayin, MeikangQiu, Zhong Ming, Gang Quan, Xiao Qin, and ZonghuaGu. "Online optimization for scheduling preemptable tasks on IaaS cloud systems."Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 72, no. 5 (2012): 666- 677.
10. Nishant, Kumar, Pratik Sharma, Vishal Krishna, Chhavi Gupta, KuwarPratap Singh, and Ravi Rastogi. "Load balancing of nodes in cloud using ant colony optimization." In Computer Modelling and Simulation (UKSim), 2012 UKSim 14th International Conference on, pp. 3-8. IEEE, 2012.
11. Abrishami, Saeid, Mahmoud Naghibzadeh, and Dick HJ Epema. "Deadline-constrained workflow scheduling algorithms for Infrastructure as a Service Clouds." Future Generation Computer Systems 29, no. 1 (2013): 158- 169.
12. Tsai, Chun-Wei, and Joel JPC Rodrigues. "Metaheuristic scheduling for cloud: A survey." Systems Journal, IEEE 8, no. 1 (2014): 279-291.
13. Mateos, Cristian, ElinaPacini, and Carlos GarcÃaGarino. "An ACO-inspired algorithm for minimizing weighted flowtime in cloud-based parameter sweep experiments." Advances in Engineering Software 56 (2013): 38-50.
14. Chang, Ruay-Shiung, Chih-Yuan Lin, and Chun-Fu Lin. "An adaptive scoring job scheduling algorithm for grid computing." Information Sciences 207 (2012): 79-89.
15. Pacini, Elina, Cristian Mateos, and Carlos GarcÃaGarino. "Distributed job scheduling based on Swarm Intelligence: A survey." Computers & Electrical Engineering 40, no. 1 (2014): 252-269.
Copyright (c) 2015 INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTERS & TECHNOLOGY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright of their manuscripts, and all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.