KHALSA PUBLICATIONS open access policy
KHALSA PUBLICATIONS provides immediate open access to all its open access contents on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
KHALSA PUBLICATIONS is committed to providing long-term, sustainable access to quality scientific research for everyone, whilst maintaining high value, trustworthy author and reader services which enhance scientific communication and progress.
We adjust our subscription prices based on the revenue we receive for article publication charges in order that the library community receives a fair deal. We are also part of several pilot programmes to explore long term sustainable funding mechanisms for open access.
KHALSA PUBLICATIONS open access policy offers:
- High standard of peer-review and production service for open access articles.
- CC BY standard license.
- Compatibility with the majority of OA policies such as the NIH, RCUK and the OSTP.
- Long term preservation of articles in the scientific record in services like LOCKSS | CLOCKSS.
- Discoverability for open access articles on search engines and in the major indexing services
- On-going engagement with the whole scientific community to seek practical solutions which will both increase access to research and preserve the integrity of the scientific record.
Open Access refund policy
KHALSA PUBLICATIONS endeavours to publish every open access article on the terms agreed with the authors and without delay. If authors or their institutions are unhappy with any aspect of the open access publishing service they should contact the journal or the dedicated open access support team (email@example.com). Every effort will be made to respond to any deficiencies in service without delay. Where service fails to meet our high standards, authors may be offered, on request and at the publisher’s discretion, a refund of part of the Article Publication Charge (APC) or a credit towards future publications.