Social Media a Promotional Tool: Hotel Industry
The advent of new technology such as the social media has become one of the important business imperative. It has altered marketing strategies of growing hotel industry. Its interactivity and accessibility qualify it as one of the most cost effective marketing tools today. With growing competition and demand hoteliers need to rethink their strategy at each level of business model and also need to align its strategies with customer requirement. This research seeks to explore use of social media by business hotels in NCR and customers perspective in context to usage and advantages of social media. The results and limitations of the study and future directions of research are discussed
2. International Congress, 692-706.
3. Assenov,I. & Khurana, N. 2012.Social Media Marketing and the Hospitality
4. Industry: Evidence from Thailand. www.caal-inteduorg.com/.../034Mar-IlianA&NainaK-Social_Media_Mar
5. Brown, J., Broderick, A. J. & Lee, N. 2007. Word of mouth communication within online
6. communities: Conceptualizing the online social network. Journal of Interactive
7. Marketing, 21(3), 2–20.
8. Bolotaeva, V., & Cata, T. 2010. Marketing opportunities with social networks. Retrieved from http://www.ibimapublishing.com/journals/JISNVC/2009/109111.pdf
9. Charlesworth, A. 2009. Internet marketing: a practical approach. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
10. Gretzel, U., Kang, M., & Lee, W. J. 2008. Differences in consumer-generated media adoption and use: A cross-national perspective. Journal of Hospitality and Leisure Marketing, 17 (1-2), 99-120.
11. Google + Official Blog. 2012. Communities and photos.
13. Harris, L., & Rae, A. 2009. Social networks: The future of marketing for small businesses. Journal of Business Strategy, 3 0(5), 24-31. 149
14. Kang, J. 2011. Social media marketing in the hospitality industry: The role of benefits in increasing brand community participation and the impact of participation on consumer trust and commitment toward hotel and restaurant brands. Graduate Theses and Dissertations. Paper 10447
15. Krahl, A.2013. Social Media And Internet Tools In The Hospitality Marketing. Bachelor thesis. https://publications.theseus.fi/bitstream/handle/.../Krahl_Aurelie.pdf
16. Larson, R. J. 2009. The Rise of Viral Marketing through the New Media of Social Media.
17. Liberty University, Lynchburg Virginia, USA.
18. Paris, C. M., Lee, W., & Seery, P. 2010. The role of social media in promoting special events: acceptance of Facebook Events. Information and Communication Technologies In Tourism, 14, 531-541.
19. Radder, L. 2002. The brand capability value of integrated marketing communications [Electronic version]. Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Studies, 7(1), 45- 51.
20. Stelzner, M. 2009. How Marketers Are Using Social Media to Grow Their Businesses. Social Media Industry Report. www.socialmediaexaminer.com/SocialMediaMarketingIndustryReport20
21. Seth, G. 2012. Analyzing the Effects of Social Media on the Hospitality Industry. UNLV Theses/Dissertations/Professional Papers/Capstones. Paper 1346. http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/thesesdissertations
22. Stelzner, M. 2010. Social media marketing industry report: how marketers are using social
23. media to grow their business. Retrieved from http://www.Whitepapersource.com
24. Stewart, D. W., & Pavlov, P. A. 2002. From Consumer Response to Active Consumer:
25. Measuring the Effectiveness of Interactive Media. Journal of the Academy of Marketing
26. Sciences, 4 (30), 376 -396.
27. TripAdvisor. 2013. Tripadvisor for business. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Owners
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.