IMPACT OF FINANCING DECISIONS ON FIRM’S PERFORMANCE: AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF PAKISTANI LISTED FIRM’S IN KSE
The basic purpose of our research paper is to analyze the impact of financing decisions on the firm’s performance in Pakistani listed firms in KSE. The OLS has been employed on a sample of conveniently selected 100 pakistanilisted firms in KSE (with 600 observations) over the period of 2004 to 2009.Financing decisions are measured through debt to equity and firm’s performance measured through ROE, ROA, Tobin’s Q and market capitalization.Ourresults show that the financing decisions have no significant impact on firm’s performance in Pakistan.
A. A. Robichek, D. Teichroew, J. M. Jones, 1965. Optimal Short Term Financing Management Science, Vol. 12, No. 1, Series A, pp. 1-36 : Available Through J-store. [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
A. H. Chen and A. J. Boness, 1975. Effects of Uncertain Inflation on the Investment and Financing Decisions of a firm: The Journal of Finance, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 469-483 Available through J-Store [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
2. Abor, J. (2005), “The effect of capital structure on profitability: an empirical analysis of listed
3. Abor, J. (2007), “Debt policy and performance of SMEs: evidence from Ghanaian and South Africa firms”, Journal of Risk Finance, Vol. 8, pp. 364-79.
4. Bajaj M., Chan Y., Dasgupta S. (1998), The Relationship between Ownership, Financing Decisions and Firm Performance: A SignalingModel, International Economic Review,39( 3),723-744: Available through Blackwell Publishing for the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and Institute of Social and Economic Research. [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
5. Carpentier C., (2006). The valuation effects of long-term changes in capital structure. International Journal of Managerial Finance 2(1) 4-18.
6. Cleary S. (1999). The Relationship between Firm Investment and Financial Status: The Journal of Finance. 54(2) 673-692. Available through Blackwell Publishing [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
7. David B. and Julie A. (1997), Financing the German "Mittelstand" Small Business Economics, 9(2) 97-11 [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
8. Ebaid I. E., (2009). The impact of capital-structure choice on firm performance: empirical evidence from Egypt. The Journal of Risk Finance, 10 (5), 477-487.
9. Eugene F. Fama, 1978.The Effects of a Firm's Investment and Financing Decisions on the Welfare of Its Security Holders Author: The American Economic Review, Vol. 68, No. 3, pp. 272: Available through J-stor Data Base [accessed 05/11/2010]
10. Financial Management, 25( 2) 37-51 Avalaiable through Blackwell Publishing. [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
11. Firms in Ghana”, Journal of Risk Finance, Vol. 6, pp. 438-47.
12. Majumdar, S. and Chhibber, P. (1999), “Capital structure and performance: evidence from
13. McConaughy D.L., and Mishra C., (1996). Debt, Performance-Based Incentives, and Firm Performance.
14. Modigliani, F., & Miller, M. H. (1958). The Cost of Capital, Corporation Finance and the Theory of Investment. The American Economic Review, pp. 261-297.
15. N.A (2005).Comparison of debt financing between international and domestic firms, Evidence from Turkey, Germany and UK HalitGonenc. International Journal of Managerial Finance 1(1) 49-68.
16. Neil Seitz, 1982. Shareholder Goals, Firm Goals and Firm Financing Decisions: Financial Management, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 20-26 Available through J-store. [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
17. pp. 287-305.
18. Robert A. Taggart, Jr, 1977. A Model of Corporate Financing Decisions: The Journal of Finance, Vol. 32, No. 5 pp. 1467-1484 Available through : j-store Data Base. [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
19. Robert T. (1998). International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, 4(3), 239-248.
20. Roy L. Simerly and Mingfang Li, 2000. Environmental Dynamism, Capital Structure and Performance: A Theoretical Integration andan Empirical Test: Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 21, No. 1 pp. 31-49: Available through [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
21. Saá-Requejo J.( 1996) Financing Decisions: Lessons from the Spanish Experience. Financial Management 25(3) 44-56. Available through Blackwell Publishing [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
22. SrinivasanBalakrishnan and Isaac Fox, 1993.Asset Specificity, Firm Heterogeneity and Capital Structure: Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 3-16: Available Through J-store [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
23. Steven Fazzari, R. Glenn Hubbard, Bruce Petersen, 1988. Investment, Financing Decisions, and Tax Policy The American Economic Review, Vol. 78, No. 2, pp. 200-205: Available Through J-store. [Accessed 05/11/2010]
24. Venkat Subramanian, 1998. Efficient Sourcing and Debt Financing in Imperfect Product Markets: Management Science, Vol. 44, No. 9, pp. 1167-1178: Available through J-store. [Accessed: 05/11/2010]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.