Implementation of an Optical CDMA Based Modified Walsh Code(MWC)
Spectral Amplitude Codes (SAC) is used widely in Optical Code Division Multiple Access (OCDMA) network to eliminate some sort of dominant noise. this appropriate noise would be in the state of the art of Multi Access Interference (MAI). This paper suggests a simulation model for optical code division multiple access system based walsh code. The proposed realization aims to build a Simulation case study of three users and demonstrates the construction of modified Walsh code (MWC) with respect to beat noise, phase incoherent intensity noise and thermal noise. In addition, a complete comparison study has been manipulated according to the performance of the proposed MWC and some existing codes such as: modified frequency hopping (MFH) code, Hadamard (HD) code, modified quadratic congruence (MQC) Code, unipolar Walsh code (UWC) and random diagonal code (RD). Numerical simulations have been introduced and discussed, in order to illustrate the effectiveness of the MWC method to eliminate dominant noise. experimental results have forwarded the research to the following facts; the SNR and BER for MWC under the presence of the previous discussed signal degradation is equal 265.4867 and 1.1504e-10 respectively according to a predefined number of users (150). we present a simulation model of optical code division multiple access system by using walsh code based Matlab graphical user interface for such three users case study. A simulated version has been accomplished by using means of OPTI-SYSTEM simulator based 7 subscribers and an optical fiber length = 10 km as a case study. We have set the simulator specifications as follow; phase 1: transmission phase; photo diode as an optical source, mach-zender interferometer, encoder. Phase 2: receiver phase; splitter, decoder, and photo detector as an optical detector. Accordingly, the minimum bit error was 4.02789e-10 which reflects how efficacy was the proposed modified walsh code.
 -Gurjeet Kaur1, Simranjit Singh., "Review on Optical Code Division Multiple Access Systems", International Journal of Engineering Sciences, Jan., Vol. 17, 2016.
 -Somali Sikder, Shila Ghosh, “ Performance Analysis of OCDMA System with Unipolar Walsh Coding ,” IJC, Vol. 2, Issue 3, Sep., 2013.
 -Somali Sikder, Shila Ghosh, “Design and Performance Analysis of Modified Walsh Code, (MWC) in OCDMA System,” IJIACS, Vol. 4, Special Issue. 160, March, 2015.
 -Z. Wei, & H.G Shiraz,.”Unipolar odes with Ideal In-phase Cross-correlation for spectral amplitude-coding optical CDMA systems. “ J. Light wave Technology Vol. 50, No., 8, Aug., 2002. -Morteza Motealleh , Mohsen Maesoumi, ”Simulation of a SAC-OCDMA 10 User ×15 Gb/s System Using MD Code. “ International Journal of Optics and Applications, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2014.
- Smith, E.D., Blaikie, R.J., and Taylor, D.P., "Performance Enhancement of Spectral Amplitude Coding Optical CDMA Using Pulse-Position Modulation", IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 46, No. 9, pp. 1176-1185, 1998.
- Wei, Z., Shalaby, H., and Ghafouri-Shiraz, H., "Modified Quadratic Congruence Codes for Fiber Bragg Grating Based Spectral Amplitude Coding Optical CDMA Systems", Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 19, No. 9, pp. 1274-1281, 2001.
 Wei, Z., and Ghafouri-Shiraz, H., "Codes for Spectral Amplitude-Coding Optical CDMA Systems", Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 20, No. 8, pp. 1284-1291, 2002.
 - Hilal Fadhil, Syed Aljunid, and Badlished Ahmed, "Performance of OCDMA Systems Using Random Diagonal Code for Different Decoders Architecture Schemes", The International Arab Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 1, Jan., 2010.
 -Djordjevic I. and Vasic B., “Combination Construction of Optical Orthogonal Codes for OCDMA Systems,” IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 8, No. 6, 2004.
- 1Israa Sh. Ahmed, 2S. A. Aljunid, 3C. B. M. Rashidi, 4Layth A. Al dulaimi, High Performance with Avalanche Photodiode in Wavelength/Time Optical Code Division Multiple Access, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 10(15) October 2016, Pages: 306-314.
- Yen-Ting Lin, Guu-Chang Yang, Cheng-Yuan Chang, Wing C. Kwong, “Design and Analysis of Asynchronous Incoherent Optical-CDMA Systems Using A New Code-Shifting Technique,” IEEE Trans. Commun , vol. 63, no.7, pp. 2619-2631, July 2015.
- H.M.R.Al-khafaji et al., " spectral efficiency comparison of SAC-OCDMA …..techniques,"IEEE 2nd ICP 2011 ,kota kinabalu , MALAYSIA ,2011,PP.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.